Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Black is the new blue

Mathias and I took the day off to squeeze the last bit of skiing out of the 2011/2012 season. We drove up to Spirit Mountain in Duluth. It was a fabulous day with the sun was shining, the temperature was comfortable, and there was hardly anyone there. The snow left a bit to be desired but you can't have everything, right?

We spent four hours skiing the green and blue hills at the end of which my feet were aching and I wanted to go home. That's when M discovered that there were more hills, the black ones, available on the other side of the mountain. In my infinite wisdom I thought letting him try the steeper slopes would be the ticket to packing it up for the day and getting back in the car...
But no. We spent 2 hours, right up until they closed the lift and told us it was time to go, in the trails where you need to pay attention to what you are doing. Mathias loved every minute of it.
Last time I wrote about skiing I was just joking about going to Jackson. Now we might have to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker