Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A few breathing spells today

As you may be aware... Mathias has a hose under his nose delivering air. My understanding is that this serves two purposes: make breathing easier and keep the lungs from collapsing when breathing out. As we march towards a day when the hose is to be removed, the airflow is gradually reduced - that's progress. Learning to do more of the breathing work yourself comes with a few bumps in the road though. Mathias has had a handful of breathing spells in this process. As spells go they are relatively mild (but tell that to his mother!). To combat this they are keeping up the remember-to-breathe meds (which I have learned is caffeine with a more expensive name). He takes after his old man already. Sniff!

Most mornings I would stop breathing if you took away my coffee.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Diet Coke works for me!! Isn't it the caffeine of choice for the Monson clan, too? Your blogs have become "The Young and the Restless" for me. I check up on you all the time and as always you remain in my thoughts and prayers. LJM (Angie's coworker and Kristen's mom from PHS)

March 29, 2006 7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No its the, that does the trick in the morning and 2 min without kids. or many its 2 min with the kids.
Greatings and hugs from Denmark
Lotte and Thomas

March 29, 2006 10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! You look really nice, and the little kangeroo is amazing in the "snazzy hat" watching curiously at his parents.
Keep on growing.
Love from Birgit.

March 29, 2006 1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patrik, my husband works with Ericka so that's how I've come to follow Mathias' progress. I just have to tell you that I really enjoy your sense of humor :-)! Getting entertained is an added bonus to keeping up with the news of your little guy :-).

March 29, 2006 2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
Sorry We didn't speak on the phone today. Thinking about you none the less. Glad the little bruiser is doing so well. Ellie wants to know what color hat he will have next. Keep the blogs coming. tim and crew

March 29, 2006 9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that Mathias is having lattes. Caribou has scored another customer.

Love, Lydia

March 30, 2006 8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vad härligt att höra att han redan växt ur sitt första plagg :-). Lille lille skrutt blir snart en stor skrutt! :-)

Håller han sig bara till pappas last av kaffe så blir det nog bra - hur var det nu med Amaretto m mjölk - det väntar vi med lite va´?! *s*

Sköt om er!

Kram
Jessica & Co

March 30, 2006 1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Rob: Please tell those people that keep writing in Sweedish to stop! I know they are making fun of the crazy Monson family! Just kidding everyone. So glad to hear that everything is going as good as can be expected. I am sure the ups and downs are tyring, but keep up the faith and every day will be a brighter tomorrow. I will be in Texas for a few days, but I will sure try to check in on the little "roo".

March 30, 2006 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker