Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The chickens...

...are home...
Many generous friends have endowed Mathias with a quite extensive wardrobe. By a wide margin, his mother's favorite is the outfit pictured on the right. It's got it all: stylish colors, decorative cartoon chickens, and a tag on it that proclaims "I love my mommy". Thanks, Aunt B!

After his first day of wearing it, one of the nurses accidentally put it in the hospital laundry and it was gone. I haven't seen any of their operations but I can envision the hospital churning through avalanches of laundry. So the chances of seeing it again were slim to none. But no fear: one of the stellar nurses took it upon herself to plow through several of the large clean laundry deliveries coming back to the hospital.

And one day it surprisingly appeared by our incubator! Thanks, Mary!

...to roost
In the ICU, Mathias is known as a little inchworm [mätarlarv]. You'd expect a child his size and position would stay in one place when put in the incubator. Alas no! He is somehow working himself from side to side in the incubator and turning himself around with quite some frequency. And the significancee of this? You may know me as a calm, unexcited, slightly boring individual. But my parents testify that when I was very very young I was quite the opposite. I climbed out of my crib as soon as I could stand, climbed on furniture and door frames, jumped from countertops (presuming someone would catch me...) and so on. Horror stories abound!

I expect this inchworm behavior is merely foreshadowing our future life together...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patrik....du vet tydligen vad som väntar er om 1 år. Varför ska Mathias bli lugnare när han börjat redan nu?

May 10, 2006 1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we think the serene, quiet days are soon over for ericka and patrik! you will be joining the ranks of tired...exhausted parenthood with middle of the night feedings and diaper changes... and love every second of it!!
we are curious as to the above comment, and wonder if patrik is hiding some deep dark secrets of his childhood???
the pictures are wonderful, and all the fargo monsons say that he is the cutest little baby on the face of the earth.

May 10, 2006 7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, have you jumped on a couch lately...Tom Cruise-ish???

Love, Lydia

May 10, 2006 9:20 AM  
Blogger Tonya said...

I love the little outfit and im glad you got it back :) I had the same thing happen to us with a couple of Randie's little outfits in the hospital..

May 10, 2006 1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home little chickens! He is so adorable in that outfit! He sounds like he is about ready to move right out of that incubator he is in and move on home where he belongs. Hope it is sooner than anticipated! Love Aunt B

May 10, 2006 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker