Monday, May 08, 2006

Metric milestone

As I've mentioned before there is a beauty to tracking progress on two different weight scales - twice as many milestone celebrations!

For many of you (myself included...), metric may come easier than the Anglo-Saxon approach. But, in the words of St. Ambrose: "When I am at Milan, I do as they do at Milan; but when I go to Rome, I do as Rome does." The corollary would be, when in the colonies, it's pounds! The abbreviation lb, by the way, comes from the Latin word libra as in libra pondo which simply means a pound in weight. This is the same Latin word that gives the British their symbol for pound (£). Good to know if you're ever in a white knuckle game of Trivial Pursuit! But I stray from cute baby pictures:

















































Ps. I almost forgot the milestone. We hit 2000 grams today! In the new world, that's 4lbs 8oz.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vilka goa kinder!!!!

Kram
Jessica

May 09, 2006 3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rund och god, så in i Norden ..
härligt att följa din utveckling!
Du får nog förstklassig föda förstås! Mammas goa käk.
Kram
gammelfaster Inger

May 09, 2006 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker