Monday, May 29, 2006

75 Days

What a difference 75 days make!
On March 14 I distinctly remember barreling down the highway just before 5 AM (it was still coated with snow from the storm the day before). I recall thinking: If I drive slow I'll miss my child's birth but I'll stay out of the ditch. If I step on it, how likely am I to make it at all?
Meandering through south Minneapolis was an adventure in itself. I'm not familiar with the area. It was dark. The street signs were coated with snow...

Fast forward two and a half months. On Memorial Day I'm trying to recover from the 97 degree (36 C) heat yesterday. Everything is green (well, except the brown color of my lawn).

The whole world has changed and so have our lives (and our son). The attached are 'day 1' and 'day 75' photos. Trust you can figure out which are which.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing. What a BIG difference 75 days made in the growth of that little boy. Talked to Michelle (Schafer)Loecker yesterday and they went camping with the boys near Yankton, S.D and she had to give Tyler a bath before his afternoon naps and again before night time bed as he was so dirty from playing. Just wait, your turn is coming too:):) Good luck. Looks like you have everything under control that is in your hands and the rest we will just pray for.
Marlene Schafer

May 29, 2006 9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"We never know the love of a parent until we become parents ourselves"
Thank you both for sharing little(big)Mathias with us day by day!
I look forward each day to seeing his progress. Prayers continue to be sent your way! Love Aunt B

May 29, 2006 3:07 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

It is breathtaking to see the photos!! He has come so far in such a short period of time!!

May 29, 2006 3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you put those pictures side by side. Intellectually I knew he was growing, but I LOVED seeing it again. Bless his little heart!

Love, Lydia

May 31, 2006 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker