Sunday, June 04, 2006

The longest week

Since last weekend, when we've been getting our morning updates from the hospital there has been a mixed bag of slightly weight gain and weight loss. For the week as a whole the net gain is zero. As I write it, it doesn't seem so bad but it certainly feels like a setback.

As a response they have bumped up his night time feedings via the tube. The regular feedings have had some mixed results - much of the time he'll eat for a few minutes and go to sleep. The old adage you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink never rang so true.

Today we are two weeks from Mathias' original due date on June 18. Feel free to place a bet on when he'll actually get to go home. If you get it right we'll scrounge up a prize. Something to distract the mind!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't see the entry rules. I already won a fabulous prize. I'm assuming I can win again.

Mathias Ronnings will take the celebratory ride to Delano on Tuesday June 20 at 1:00 p.m.

The mayor will be at the city limits with a key to the city. (Does anyone know what that key unlocks?)

Love, Lydia

June 05, 2006 9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has anyone slipped a little nestle quick into the feedings yet????? Or perhaps melted a little hershey kiss or two and stirred it in with the ole breat milk.
I highly suggest this, it will help with the weight gain and the caffeine will help with the "awake" time. Please let me know how this works.

I would say that JUNE 12th is the day the little darling will be on his way home! (I think we have talked about this date before haven't we??????)

Lots of Love..... Aunt B

June 05, 2006 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker