Thursday, July 31, 2008

The little engine that could

One of our favorite coffee shops hosts a weekly event called Retro Reader.  Retro is the name of the coffee shop. Reader refers to the nature of the event:  Each week a new guest reader entertain the neighborhood kids with a few stories.

Recently, Brad Childress and his daughter Cara regaled the youngsters with the tale attributed to Watty Piper.  Perhaps that's the optimistic spirit that gets pre-season training camp off to a good start!  One can envision Tarvaris Jackson running down the field telling himself "I think I can. I think I can..."

No. Mr. Childress did not reveal any secret plans involving Brett Favre.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Former TA secretary secret admirer here... Phew! I got a new computer and lost my link to the blog. I've been following along since day one and have missed the last month or so. Keep them coming! I may never comment, but I do lurk :-)

August 07, 2008 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker